More than ever, faculty members are being asked to keep up with research in their field, explore new ideas, and generate scholarship. As new resources become available, search strategies change, and technologies develop, how can you keep up? What is the best way to stay abreast of new research and contribute to your field?
The reference librarians of Summar Library want to help you make your research efforts more productive. We are available to come to your office at a time that is convenient for you. Our goal is to provide you with individualized research tips relevant to your discipline, save you time and help you avoid wasted energy and frustration. We can help you with:
• Setting up RSS feeds for websites and blogs
• Establishing online Table of Contents updates for your favorite journals
• Using e-books effectively and efficiently
• Using Google Scholar and Google Books
• Discovering effective search strategies in discipline-specific databases
• Managing and saving your research in databases and in Voyager
• Embedding librarians in Blackboard classes
• Designing personal (faculty) web pages
We are also available for departmental meetings and workshops, to highlight a resource or answer questions. We are also willing to explore Toolkit consultations with Germantown and Hendersonville faculty. Please let us know how we can help you sharpen your research tools.
The Reference Librarians of Summar Library
Melissa Moore, email@example.com, 731-661-5408
Jenny Lowery, firstname.lastname@example.org, 731-661-5058
T.R. Parker, email@example.com, 731-661-5426