Tuesday, October 26, 2010

West Tennessee Academic Library Meeting

This past Saturday I presented at a biannual meeting of The West Tennessee Academic Library Consortium. (I have embedded my slides below) This was a basic presentation that I wanted to be fun and light. I introduced myself and described how I look at Library Outreach. This includes a vision for the future of academic libraries in the digital age. I stressed that libraries can continue to play vital, even central roles as place, services and on the web. I discussed the need for a beautiful building, excellent customer service and user friendly web interfaces that can go mobile. I enjoyed meeting other librarians from places like Rhodes, The University of Memphis and Freed Hardeman. We were honored to host this meeting at Union.

No comments: